Sunday, March 29, 2009

Some Recent Finds

I've had a chance to go digging for records a few times over the past couple of weeks. Here are some of my finds from thrift stores, junk shops, antique malls and my favorite record store.

Inez & Charlie Foxx: Yankee Doodle Dandy (Symbol)
The Racket Squad: Higher Than High (Jubilee)
Barbara Lynn: I'm A Good Woman (Tribe)
Luther Ingram: Ain't That Nice (Decca)
Monty Alexander: Spunky (World-Pacific)
Hank Ballard & the Midnighters: The Twist (King)
Joe Tex: You Said A Bad Word (Dial)
Lawson Rudd: Shake This Town (Harvest)
Roddie Joy: He's So Easy To Love (Red Bird)
Roy Moss: You're My Big Baby Now/You Nearly Lose Your Mind (Mercury)
The Dozier Boys: Special Kind of Lovin' (Fraternity)
Jimmy Reed: I'm Going Upside Your Head/The Devil's Shoestring, Part 2 (Vee-Jay)
Jimmy McCracklin: Looking For A Woman (Imperial)
The Ithaca's: Michael's Madness (Val)
The Cresendos: Crazy Hop (Nasco)
The Dardenelles: Baby, Do The Froog (Cameo)
Jerry McCain: Red Top/Twist "62" (OKeh)
Dean Parrish: Skate (Boom)
Round Robin: Sit and Dance (Domain)
Stevie Wonder: Ain't That Asking For Trouble (Tamla)
Count Victors: Peepin' 'N Hidin' (Coral)


That about does it. As always, comments are quite welcome.

3 comments:

Jukeboxmafia said...

Love that Barbara Lynn disc. My copy's in rough shape...

Todd Lucas said...

The copy of the Barbara Lynn disc that I found is also kind of rough.

Politru said...

Hi. .. How can I download Spunky by Monty Alexander ? Thanks