Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Few Recent Finds

Hello, I thought that I ought to check in as I do every once in a great while. I'll be starting a new job tomorrow, so my posts here might slow down even more, if that's possible. Anyway, I thought that I'd list a few of my recent acquisitions. These came from a record store and an antique mall find.


The Big Guys: Propulsion/Zombie (Palette)
Bobbie Graham: Zoom, Widge and Wag (Fontana)
The Capitols: We Got A Good Thing That's In The Groove (Karen)
Joe Lee: Arkansas Gal (Alley)
Clifton Chenier: Calinda (Arhoolie)
The Tabs: Mash Dem Taters (Vee-Jay)
Ted Taylor: Miss You So (Ronn)
Big Maybelle: Ring Dang Dilly (Savoy)
Bobby Lee Trammell: You Mostest Girl (Radio)
Bobby McClure: I'll Be True To You (Checker)
Jimmy McCracklin: Steppin' Up In Class (Imperial)
Barbara Lynn: Oh! Baby (We Got A Good Thing Goin') (Jamie)
Brenda & the Tabulations: That's In the Past (Dionn)
The Midnighters: Come On and Get It (Federal)
Freddie Watson & the Restorators: The Unlucky Seven (Eloys)
Brother Jack McDuff: Can't Get Satisfied (Atlantic)
James Brown: Think (Polydor)
Bobby Byrd: I Need Help (I Can't Do It Alone) (King)
Otis Williams & His Charms: Burnin' Lips (DeLuxe)


6 comments:

The RedBoy said...

'Zombie' by the Big Guys is a really cool cut.

vinylfool said...

I would have bought the "Arhoolie" just for the label.

dips said...

great post

paulomi said...

I must say that your collection is awesome. The tunes you have posted are not only soothing but it touch the soul directly. Looking forward to such cool and interesting stuff in future.Recently I have come across http://www.raresoulgrooves.com which features not only cool music videos in its online television but also contains infinite information pertaining to the soul music and the music industry.

Todd Lucas said...

Thanks for all of the nice comments.

Tina said...

Hey, your recent findings are really good. i like each of the reviews greatly and find them truly interesting. please keep on posting such exciting stuffs. Recently I have come across a site http://www.raresoulgrooves.com, which is really a good source of R&B and Soul music.