Saturday, October 02, 2010

The Four Sounds - Mama Ubangi Bangi


Here's a record that I picked up at July record show in St. Louis. Sure enough, just about that time, the excellent Rock & Roll Ichiban blog posted it. It's a huge favorite though, so, if you missed it over there or would just like to hear it again, I decided to give it a go over here. What we have here is just a great jungle-esque r&b 45. Indeed, it would be right at home in the Jungle Exotica series. I may have checked to see if it was a part of that but I've already forgotten what I found out. One of my favorites of this year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great track. It's included on a vinyl comp called:
"Blowin' Through Yokohama! - 16 hot skillet muck muck r&b blasts!" They cleaned up the track and it plays a little bit slower. The comp has lots of other wild numbers including the title track by The Medallions, and 2 tracks by "Yochanan" (Sun Ra alter ego)- "Hot Skillet Mama" and "Muck Muck".

Anonymous said...

great post there!



bilik sewa bangi
cari bilik
apartments for rent

oyster lew said...

assalammualaikum!!!

Kalo nak cari bilik sewa!

Bolehlah guna

cari bilik
bilik sewa
room for rent