Sunday, July 12, 2009

Indy Show Finds - July Edition

Hello again. Well, another Indy record show has come and gone and it's time once again to report my findings to you. As always, there's a lot more I could've gotten, but money was tight as usual. I still managed as I always do to find a few cool items, which I now share with you, delighted reader. So, here they are, along with a few items I just got off eBay:

Jan and Arnie: Gas Money (Arwin)
Cozy Powell: Dance with the Devil (Chrysalis)
Louis Prima & Keely Smith: I Got You Under My Skin (Capitol)
Wanda Jackson: This Gun Don't Care (Capitol)
Jimmy McGriff: Stump Juice/The Worm Turns (Groove Merchant)
Ray Burden: A Hot Rodder's Dream/Sweet Lou From Lou (Adonis)
Rufus: Brand New Day (Epic)
Little Richard: Travelin' Shoes (Atlantic)
Little Richard: The Girl Can't Help It/All Around the World (Specialty)
The Storey Sisters: Bad Motorcycle (Cameo)
Sam the Sham and the Pharoahs: Black Sheep/My Day's Gonna Come (M-G-M)
Ted Taylor: Funky Situation (Ronn)
Charles Brown & Amos Milburn: Educated Fool (Ace)
James Brown: Tell Me What You're Gonna Do (King)
Jimmy McCracklin: The Woggle (Mercury)
Sister Rosetta Tharpe: That's All (Verve)
The Monarchs: Friday Night (Zone)
The Del-Knights: Everybody Popeye (Bronko)
Bobby Mizzell & Lee Wayne: Same Thing (20th Fox)
The Wailers: I Don't Want To Follow You (Viva)
Tommy Ridgely: Double Eye Whammy (Ric)
Jerry-O: Funky Football (Wand)

And that's about it for this round of recent additions to the Brian Marshall 45 library. Sorry, I haven't posted here lately. I got a couple of ideas for posts, but I just haven't had much time. Hopefully, I can get another couple of posts up here in the next few weeks. We will see. In the meantime, I hope you enjoyed this little list and rest assured, another will follow after the next Indy record show in September. We will see.

4 comments:

Stuart Shea said...

I love that Storey Sisters record! Good pick-ups at this sale!

Anonymous said...

Hi

Good finds
when do we hear them here????
I love to hear them

Ron

Anonymous said...

thanking for blog....





Get More Details

Anonymous said...

Jay was terriffic but his is the ONLY aircheck ever heard from the archives of WIFE. what about Reb? Ron Hofer, Jack Sunday, and all the rest who went through the doors of WIFE?