Sunday, May 03, 2009

Indy Show Finds - May Edition

Well, another Indy record show has come and gone and it's time once again to report my findings to you. This wasn't the best Indy show because there were fewer 45 dealers this time and really not that many people there, unless they all came in the morning. (I didn't get out there until around 12:30, as I had somewhere else to be in the morning hours.) That said, I usually manage to find something, so I came back with another pile of 45s, which I now share with you.

Wilson Pickett: Soft Soul Boogie Woogie (RCA Victor)
Billy Cobham: Crosswind (Atlantic)
Stevie Wonder: Every Time I See You I Go Wild (Tamla)
The Marvelettes: As Long As I Know He's Mine (Tamla)
Eddie Floyd: Soul Street (Stax)
The Cowsills: The Impossible Years (MGM)
Herman's Hermits: I Gotta Dream On (MGM)
The Pretty Things: Honey I Need/I Can Never Say (UK Fontana)
The Dramatics: Hey You! Get Off My Mountain/The Devil Is Dope (Volt)
Solomon Burke: How Big A Fool (Can A Fool Be)(Bell)
REO Speedwagon: 157 Riverside Avenue (Epic...It's an early one, so help me)
Jr. Walker and the All-Stars: Groove Thang (Soul)
Billy Boy Barton: Monkey Business (Gulf)
Etta "Miss Peaches" James: Number One/I'm A Fool (Modern)
Little Johnny Tayler: Keep On Keeping On (Ronn)
The Archies: Everything's Alright (Kirshner)
Bill Black: Closin' Time (Hi)
Bobby Bland: Ain't No Love in the Heart of the City (Dunhill)
Carla Thomas: Some Other Man (Is Beating Your Time) (Stax)
The Five Stars: Pickin' on the Wrong Chicken (Note)
Bill Doggett: Night Train Pts. 1 and 2 (King)
The Midnighters: Work With Me Annie (King...a reissue I think)
Bill Haley and His Comets: Rock-A Beatin' Boogie (Decca)
Dion: Be Careful of Stones That You Throw (Columbia)
Earth Wind and Fire: Evil (Columbia)
Johnnie Taylor: Take Care of Your Homework (Stax)
Barbara Mason: Come To Me (Arctic)
Paul Kelly: Chills and Fever (Dial)
Issac Hayes: Type Thang (Enterprise)
The Marketts: Out of Limits (Warner Bros.)
The Doors: Tightrope Ride (Elektra)
Johnny Cassell: Gotta Dance (Smash)
Buddy Miles: We Got To Live Together Pts. 1 and 2 (Mercury)
Ramsey Lewis: Wade in the Water (Cadet)
Bobby Freeman: Oughta Be A Law (Double Shot)
Eugene Church: I Ain't Goin' For That/Miami (Class)
Ruby Andrews: (I Want To Be) Whatever It Takes To Please You Pts. 1 and 2 (Zodiac)
James Brown: Let's Go Get Stoned (Smash)
Billy Very & Judy Clay: Country Girl - City Man (Atlantic)
Robert Williams and the Groovers: Cranberry Blues/Loud Mufflers (Tip Top)
The Counts: Wailin' Little Mama (Dot)
The Dave Clark Five: All Night Long (Epic)
The Bob Seger System: Lucifer (Capitol)
The Rivieras: Rockin' Robin (Riveria)

And that's about it. Not the most spectacular of finds, but not bad either.

Will be back in a while with another post or two, probably Bobbie Graham or Dean Parrish...or both. We sill see.

2 comments:

dips said...

good

paulomi said...

This is really a nice post. i am immensely benefited with the post , you have provided over here. please keep on posting such cool stuff in future. Recently I have come across a site with enormous interesting info about R&B and Soul Music at http://www.raresoulgrooves.com