Saturday, September 19, 2009

St. Louis Record Show Recap

Nothing like a good record show to get me out of hibernation. Sorry to take three months between posts. Last Sunday was the latest show in St. Louis, with lots of goodies to be had. Here's what I got.

Pacific Gas & Electric: Wade In The Water (Power)
The Jackasses: Shake It Up/Sugaree (Bray)
Bobby Comstock: Right Hand Man (Ascot)
The LaSalles: La La La La La (V.I.P.)
Sugar Pie Desanto: Soulful Dress (Checker)
Leon Haywood: It's The Last Time (Decca)
The Delights Orchestra: King of The Horse/Do Your Thing (Atco)
Donald Height: Bona Fide Lover (Shout)
Z.Z. Hill: Gimme Gimme (Kent)
Brenda & the Tabulations: Hey Boy (Dionn)
Wayne Cochran: My Little Girl/The Coo (Scottie)
Detroit Jr.: The Way I Feel (U.S.A.)
Wilbert Harrison: Let's Stick Together/Kansas City Twist (Fury)
Andy Wilson: Little Mama (Athens)
James Brown & the Famous Flames: Mashed Potatoes U.S.A./You Don't Have To Go (King)
Bobby Marchan: I Just Want What Belongs To Me (Dial)
Rudy "Tutti" Grayzell: Duck Tail/You're Gone (Starday)
Jackie Wilson: The Who Who Song/Since You Showed Me How To Be Happy (Brunswick)
Homer Banks: A Lot of Love (Minit)
The Four Blazers: Peanut Butter (Buddy)
Ural Thomas: Can You Dig It? (Uni)
Bob and Earl: The Sissy (Chene)
Ruth Brown: 5-10-15 Hours (Atlantic)
Ruth Brown: Papa Daddy (Atlantic)
Ray Charles: Heartbreaker (Atlantic)
Felice Taylor: It May Be Winter Outside (Mustang)
The Delegates: Pigmy (Aura)
Butch Davis and the Capris: Turn On Your Love Light (A-Bet)
Erma Franklin: Don't Wait Too Long (Epic)
The Da-Kars: Shot In The Dark (Josie)
The Snow Men: Ski Storm (Challenge)
Gene Summers: Green Eyed Monster (Mercury)
Freddie Fender: I Can't Remember When I Didn't Love You (Imperial)
Albert King: Night Stomp (Stax)
Joe Hinton: True Love (Back Beat)
Bill Doggett: Monster Party (King)
Tony Fox: I've Got To (Do It To It) (Calla)
Al Green: Hot Wire (Bell)
Ted Ford: Pretty Girls Everywhere (Sound Stage 7)
Cash McCall: You Can't Take Love (Thomas)
Arthur Prysock: Good Rockin' Tonight (Old Town)
The Shadows of Knight: Potato Chip (no label - cardboard record)
Red Prysock: Teen-Age Rock (Mercury)
Ollie & the Nightingales: Girl, You Have My Heart Singing (Stax)
Jackie Moore: Here I Am (Shout)


That's it. I'll try and be back soon.

2 comments:

Westex said...

Love the Rudy Grayzell 45... esp. "You're Gone". That Fender 45 is a good un' as well. Same again on Jackie Wilson and Felice Taylor... pulled both of those out of an electronics store still stocking 45s for $1.95 each last year... worth every penny.

Jason @ PSB said...

I was disappointed with the show. I think I bought more CDs than records, and that's unheard of for me. Hopefully November is better. Glad you found some goodies.